Mr Macaroni Announces Drive-through Procession For #EndSARS Anniversary

Mr. Macaroni

Nigerian skit maker, Mr Macaroni has announced that there would be a memorial car procession to mark one year anniversary of the #EndSARS protest.

The Nigerian comedian who was supposed to speak at a summit organised to commemorate the shooting of protesters at the Lekki tollgate last year, had earlier disclosed that the event was sabotaged.

He said the “Soro Soke” summit that was billed to hold at the Landmark Event Centre was unexplainedly cancelled. The event centre claimed that “powers from above” had warned them against hosting the event.

Femi Falana, a rights activist; Usman Alkali Baba, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP); Shina Peller, a member of the house of representatives; Falz, a rapper; and Aisha Yesufu, an activist, were also expected to attend the event.

In a new development on Tuesday, the comedian announced that new plans have been made to commemorate the October 20 anniversary. He said that there would now be a drive-through procession at the Lekki toll gate where last year’s shooting took place.

“It is impossible for us not to memorialize our fallen heroes. We will never ever forget. Innocent Nigerian citizens waved flags and sang till they were shot at, injured, and killed,” the comedian wrote on Instagram

“We must never forget. We’re rolling up in cars tomorrow to drive through the tollgate. We know their way, so a procession of cars is the safest option to minimize police harassment. We will stay in our vehicles throughout.

“We have rides for people that need. Each and everyone’s safety is very important so please let’s move together.”

Previous article‘They Thought It Would Destroy Me’ — Tiwa Savage Reacts To Leaked Tapes
Next articleGovernor Bagudu Lauds Army For Enhanced Agricultural Activities In Kebbi

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.