News Of Militant Attack On Our Personnel Fake – Navy

The Nigerian Navy, NN, has debunked reports of a purported attack in its personnel by members of a militant group.

A statement issued Tuesday, 1 February, 2022 by the NN’s Director of Information, DINFO, Commodore Suleiman Dahun, says that the purported attack, allegedly carried out by a militant group identified as ‘Black Marine’ at Oron Beach, yesterday, 31 January, is false.

TheFact Nigeria gathers that some news media outlets had, yesterday, buzzed with reports to the effect that a naval officer had been killed in the attack by the group suspected to be the armed wing of Biafra Nations League, BNL, a separatist group operating at the Bakassi Peninsula. According to the statement however, the incident has “been investigated and found to be false” .

The NN has, by the statement informed that no such incident occured at the Beach.

“Additionally, it is to be noted that there has never been any activity of BNL at the Beach and in Oron generally both in the past and as at the time of the investigation. The Beach was observed to be calm and peaceful while all operators were conducting their activities unhindered”, the statement said.

Consequently, the NN requests that the report be disrwgarded in its entirety, “as it could be a propaganda by BNL to deliberately cause panic and apprehension at the popular Oron Beach”.

Meanwhile, naval units and formations have been directed to intensify patrols to reassure legitimate business men in that general area of their safety and security.

Previous articleAmaechi’s Turbaning Not Politically Motivated- Sen Zwingina
Next articleDirector Unlimited LA Reacts To Viral Ritual Report

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.