Nine Corpses Recovered From Kano School Building Blast-NEMA

Nine dead bodies have been recovered so far from the rubbles of the primary school building that collapsed on Tuesday following explosions from a gas cylinder at Aba Road in Sabon Gari area of Kano.

This was contained in a statement by  the Director General National Emergency Management Agency, (NEMA’s) Head of Press Unit, Mr Manzo Ezekiel in Abuja on Tuesday.

Manzo said that the Director General of the Agency, Mr. Mustapha Habib Ahmed was at the site of the incident and coordinated the rescue operations.

Manzo said: “He  mobilised excavators being used for the rescue operations and said NEMA team will ensure complete removal of the rubbles to retrieve all trapped persons.

“Furthermore, Mustapha Habib Ahmed instructed the NEMA rescue team remain at the site until conclusion of the rescue and to work together with security agencies and other response organisations present at the location.”

He said NEMA is presently coordinating the rescue operations along with members of the Nigerian Red Cross, the Military, the Nigerian Police,  Nigerian Security and Civil Defense Corps and Kano SEMA.

Previous articleICPC Arraigns University Don Over $40,000 Bribe
Next articleFG, ICRC Flag-off Training Of Trainers For Emergency Medical Services

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.