The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, (FMITI), Dr. Nasir Sani-Gwarzo has tasked members of the Committee on Dubai Expo 2021 to expedite action in ensuring Nigeria’s participation at the Expo.
Dr. Gwarzo stated this while inaugurating the committee recently in Abuja.
He urged the Committee to expedite preparation for Nigeria’s participation at the event slated for 1st October, 2021 to 31st March 2022.
It would be recalled that the Dubai Expo was initially scheduled for October 2020 last year, but due to COVID-19 Pandemic, the event has now been rescheduled from 1st October, 2021 to 31st, March, 2022.
The Permanent Secretary further stated that the Minister has approved the constitution of the Committee with the following Terms of Reference (ToR):
i To provide guidance, support and direction and the Consultant in the execution of the project in accordance with the agreed of reference.
- To supervise the work of the appointed consultant in accordance with the contractual terms of reference agreed upon by Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment:
iii. To obtain and provide all necessary approval required by the consultant;
- To cascade any other requirement to co-opted agencies and department as required;
- To serve as a focal point of communication for the consultant with the relevant Ministry, namely the Honorable Minister, the Honorable Minister of State and the Permanent Secretary.
Members of the Committee which were drawn from the Ministry and other relevant Agencies include:
- Aliyu Abubakar, Director, Trade FMITI – Co- Chairman
- Sulaiman Audu, Director CED FMITI – Co- Chairman
iii. Segun Awolowo, CEO NEPC – Member
- Udual Etokowoh, Director, (NEPC) – Member
- E. Adeshina, Director, (NIPC) – Member
- Kamar Bakrin, T.A HMITI – Member
vii. Ahmed Mabudi, S.A. HMS, FMITI – Member
viii. M. Shinkafi, S.A PS, FMITI – Member
- Mohammed Gimba, Ag. Director, (NCMM) -Member
- Busola Adeogun, B2B Multi Concepts – Consultant
- Abu Ndah Ali Assistant Director (WTO-FMITI) -Member/Secretary
Dr. Gwarzo reiterated that the Committee members were carefully selected and based on their vast experience and knowledge, stressing that the Committee is to work with the Consultant to achieve maximum results.
Earlier, Director, Trade who is also the Co-Chairman of the Committee, Mr. Aliyu Abubakar thanked the Hon. Ministers and the Permanent Secretary for finding them worthy to be of service to the committee.
Abubakar assured the Permanent Secretary that members of the Committee would do its best to deliver on their mandate in order to justify the confidence reposed in them.