Tinubu Donates N50m To Victims Of Train Attack

Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Former Governor of Lagos, Ahmed Tinubu has donated the sum of N50 million for the rehabilitation of the Injured victims of the recently train attack.

Tinubu made the donation during his visit to Kaduna State to commiserate with Governor Nasir El-Rufai and the people over the unfortunate incident.

The Presidential aspirant of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in the forthcoming elections said, “last week, our nation was shocked by the deadly attack on a Kaduna-bound passenger train.

“Today, in the company of leading and respected figures in the APC, I visited the state to commiserate with Governor Nasir El-Rufai and the people of Kaduna State “, he said.

Recall, on March 28, 2022 precisely, suspected bandits attacked the last evening train, AK9 on the Abuja-Kaduna Train Service with explosives.

From Official records, eight persons were killed, 25 persons were injured and 21 passengers were reported missing.

The train reportedly has eleven (11) coaches. Four (4) SPA coaches with 56 sitting capacity per coach and 7 SP coaches with eighty-eight (88) sitting capacity per coach. Thus, the total seat capacity of the train was 840 seats. Meanwhile, the manifest contained 362 validated passengers aboard the train.

On this week, the Managing Director of Nigerian Railway Corporation,(NRC), Engr. Fidet Okhiria said about 52 phone numbers in the passengers’ manifest of the attacked Abuja- Kaduna train have been unreachable since last Tuesday.

Okhiria disclosed this on Monday in a statement.

According to the NRC boss, ”The statement is aimed at updating Nigerians on the ongoing development regarding the clearing of the incident site (recovery of the rolling stock, repairs of the track) and status of Passengers that were onboard the AK9 train of Monday, March 28.

“51 phone numbers on the manifest are either switched off or have not been reachable since Tuesday morning and 35 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing, but no response from the other end. 60 phone numbers on the manifest when called, responded non-existent.

”Of the 362 validated passengers on board the attacked AK9 train service on March 28, 186 persons on the manifest are confirmed to be safe and at their various homes (additional 14 persons confirmed safe today).

“Two coaches (SP 00016 and SP 00017) earlier re-railed have safely been moved to Rigasa Station.

”This brings the total number of recovered Coaches and safely moved to NRC Stations to be seven. Intensive work continues on track repairs. More concrete Sleepers were moved to site while some section of twisted tracks has been straightened.

“We remain grateful to the Security Agencies for all the support. We are very appreciative of the Squadron Commander MOPOL 1 Kaduna visit to the accident site today.

“ The NRC will continue to update the general public of developments to prevent misleading information and falsehood”, he said”.

Previous articleSenate Extends 2021 Budget Implementation To May 31, 2022
Next articleCourt Jails 10 Internet Fraudsters In Calabar

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.