National Chairman of the Action Alliance, Chief Barr. Kenneth Udeze on Tuesday, listed his vision, mission and agenda as he got inaugurated for a second term.
The inauguration ceremony was held at the Action Alliance Headquarters in Abuja.
My vision for AA and the entire Nation is to have our people more united, and peaceful, and foster greater love amongst ourselves and unprecedented prosperity through hard work and every other means legally possible.
The Party must be restored back to the intent of our founding fathers in the philosophy of “No turning back and no going back”.
In my second term, I will make sure that we immortalize the first National Chairman of AA, Late Senator Suleiman Salawu (a Second Republic Senator) from Kwara State and also, Alh. Abdullahi Dogolinkita, from Kebbi state, they paid the supreme price in the cause of their membership and contributions with regards to projecting the party with their strength, without monetary inducements, but with total commitment to the ideals they believed in, this singular actions of theirs endeared them to some of us.
My mission is to deploy my wealth of experiences in both Party politics and secular leadership in pursuit of the following 5 points Agenda:
1. Pursuit of peace and unity through genuine reconciliation.
2. Security/Consolidation of our place in the politics of Nigeria
3. Building data base for our members throughout the federation.
4. Scholarship Scheme/Small Scale Ventures initiatives.
5. Youths Empowerment through Sports, Talent Hunt, Skill Acquisition and Modern Agriculture.
Pursuit of peace and unity through genuine reconciliation:
My leadership shall leverage on the relative peace and unity amongst our leaders of thought and constitute a twelve-man reconciliation committee. Members of this committee shall be men/Women of honest character who shall commence reconciling the differences in our party hierarchy where serious internal issues brew, and this we shall do immediately after our inauguration. They shall be made up of political ad other secular leaders of thought amongst whom are our Office holders, the clergy, the academia and entrepreneurs, they shall form the Think Tank of AA. Although there are limited resources at our disposal, we shall do our utmost best to undertake this venture for optimal results and massive gains to our party.
Security/Consolidation Of Our Place In The Politics Of Nigeria:
By the special grace of God, we were able to get not less than 10 legislative seats at the last election in 2019, for the first time in the history of the Party and now we want to consolidate on what we did, by driving towards at least five State Governors. Consultations have already started, and we shall make the most of it with time. Mention needs to be made about the nearest governorship election in Anambra State, which is one of the States we have strong presence. However, due to the shortness of time, we might consider an alliance with a credible candidate from that State, or we shall go it alone.
We intend to make a presentation to the APC led government of President Buhari, on the need to constitute “community-based security network “in all the Area Councils in the State, as a veritable option to delivering intelligence to the security operatives, as a means of curtailing obvious security lapses evident in the nation. Part of their work shall be intelligence gathering and sharing, securing of our borders, our territory, the lives of our people and our property. They shall equally be saddled with the responsibility of controlling the rate of drug abuse which is fast rendering some of our youths useless to themselves, their parents and society at large.
Establishing A Database For Different Segments Of Our People:
Immediately after our inauguration, we shall commence data collection of the following:
All our Ward Executives and Members from each Polling Units of the country, for proper documentation of our people; thereafter, we shall go after Mass Mobilization activities, as you all know, we are the party of the Masses.
The concept behind the above exercise is that besides knowing our numerical strength, it will also serve as a platform where we can easily connect ourselves in information sharing on job opportunities, other forms of connections, assistance and collective emancipation of the nation.
We are also making arrangements, to set up Foreign Chapters of our Party, anchoring the leadership to individual who are known as rallying points in these foreign nations of the World.
Scholarship Scheme/Small Scale Ventures:
In our first Executive meeting coming up soon, we shall discuss matters that borders on setting up of Business Portfolios, coordinated by some of our ebullient Members, whose responsibility is to use our Office as a platform to source for numerous financial incentives in/from Nigeria and Outside the Country, organize trust funds launching for our scholarship scheme and Small-Scale Entrepreneurial ventures support services. With what we shall generate as a foundation, I am hoping that we shall set up scholarship programs. Beneficiaries shall be derived from the Electoral Wards.
We shall pursue Youths Empowerment through Sports, Talent Hunt, Skills Acquisition and Modern Agriculture:
– We shall locate or identify and discuss with Sponsors of the annual sports event for a possible provision Partnership, for trial in our local professional league from which we can monitor their development for further trials overseas. We hope to involve Foreign Foundations and other progressives (within the country) to come into that aspect of sponsorship so that talents identified can be supported.
– We shall write to many multinational companies and spirited individuals who love culture to participate in the sponsorship. We shall through the Office of the Publicity Secretary, deploy our media platforms to give our vision the required attention and projection. We shall have the contacts of the foreign agents who have been coming around to scout on our youths who possesses raw talents/strength for export.
– Modern skills to be given to our unemployed youths who are graduates but are organized even in their joblessness.
– Youths’ empowerment through modern agriculture via animal husbandry will be encouraged. We shall seek to have partnership with investors with a clear and well detailed business plan in piggery, fishery, snail rearing, beer budding for honey making, and grass cutter farming etc.
“Finally, our current NEC shall be people-oriented, government friendly, politically active, championing AA agenda first and not our individual/parochial interests. There is no turning back. We will do everything possible to make sure that the youths and women of this country are involved in the political sharing formula of this country. It’s not all about those that call themselves the elites hijacking the common patrimony and/or heritage of this country to themselves. We are going to be a party that will make sure that both men and women, youths, even the children, everybody in this country, one way or another, partakes in the common good that God has given to this country.
“I want to assure every member of the Party wherever you may be, 2023 is our year. We are hoping to win at least, five States in the governorship elections and expand so that in the future, we can talk about taking over power in the center with the collaboration of other political allies. That’s all I can say for now, he said.”