The Managing Director of Nigerian Railway Corporation,(NRC) Engr. Fidet Okhiria has said about 51 phone numbers in the passengers’ manifest of the attacked Abuja- Kaduna train have been unreachable since last Tuesday.
Okhiria disclosed this on Monday in a statement.
TheFact Nigeria recalled that Terrorists had on Monday last week, attacked a train en-route to Kaduna from Abuja after it detonated an explosive along the Kateri-Rijana area of the state.
According to the NRC boss, ”The statement is aimed at updating Nigerians on the ongoing development regarding the clearing of the incident site (recovery of the rolling stock, repairs of the track) and status of Passengers that were onboard the AK9 train of Monday, March 28.
“51 phone numbers on the manifest are either switched off or have not been reachable since Tuesday morning and 35 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing, but no response from the other end. 60 phone numbers on the manifest when called, responded non-existent.
”Of the 362 validated passengers on board the attacked AK9 train service on March 28, 186 persons on the manifest are confirmed to be safe and at their various homes (additional 14 persons confirmed safe today).
“Two coaches (SP 00016 and SP 00017) earlier re-railed have safely been moved to Rigasa Station.
”This brings the total number of recovered Coaches and safely moved to NRC Stations to be seven. Intensive work continues on track repairs. More concrete Sleepers were moved to site while some section of twisted tracks has been straightened.
“We remain grateful to the Security Agencies for all the support. We are very appreciative of the Squadron Commander MOPOL 1 Kaduna visit to the accident site today.
“The NRC will continue to update the general public of developments to prevent misleading information and falsehood, he said.”